Sink your teeth into something new.
Tend is the world’s first dental wellness experience. Dental care used to be just about your teeth. We make it about your entire wellbeing. With doctors you love, technology that eases, and an environment that soothes, we turn every moment of your visit into a whole-you wellness experience. Before, the best you could hope for was “You won’t feel a thing.” At Tend, we want you to feel something great.
We’re looking for brush buffs, gargle gurus, floss bosses (and novices, too), and anyone who cares about making dentist visits something to savor to join our small and growing team. Headquartered in NYC and Nashville with dental practices opening in Manhattan in 2019, we’re building a totally fresh take on oral wellness, and we want you to sink your teeth in, whether you swear by mint or cinnamon (or chai).
We're seeking a team-oriented, guest-centric Dental Assistant with impressive communication, hospitality & organizational skills. In partnership with our Dentists, you'll have the incredible opportunity to positively influence oral wellness at Tend.
- Welcome, comfort, and prepare guests.
- Prepare the guest suites, based on scheduled services.
- Ensure optimal operation of our technologies & tools.
- Maintain dental supplies inventory.
- Uphold a safe and clean working environment.
- Document services by charting & recording.
- Inform & educate guests and the overall Tend team.
- Provide diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies, pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Fabricate temporary restorations, clean and polish removable appliances.
- Help Dentist(s) manage dental procedures.
- Protect guests and the Tend Team by adhering to important infection-control policies and protocols.
- Remain prepared & ready for emergencies by maintaining CPR/AED certification, drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Continue to grow & develop professionally.
- Contribute to the Tend Team effort through established KPIs & goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a licensed Dental Assistant.
- X-ray / Radiology Certification is preferred.
- Excellent communication & organization skills, with a knack for guest experience, engagement and satisfaction.
Our goodie bags are pretty impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin! Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage (including the best dental care anywhere!), 401(k) with an employer-match, generous paid time off plus company holidays, ClassPass benefit (because we want you to tend to your whole body), a pre-tax commuter benefit, and more!
We still have our baby teeth. But the big ones are growing in quickly. Join us as we launch our first NYC locations in 2019 and build a diverse, multidisciplinary team that can bite off anything!