Requisition Number: MORTG03616
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5 PM (40 Hours)
The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for managing a pipeline while serving as the primary point of contact for members seeking loan pre-qualification and/or completing a mortgage application.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prequalify members and potential members to appropriate loan products based on individual credit profiles in order to help members achieve their financial goals. Analyzes application to determine documents necessary to submit loan application for processing.
- Complete formal mortgage application (RESPA 6) for members wishing to apply for a mortgage.
- Analyze with the assistance of the AUS (DU/LPA) to issue verified pre-qualification letters according to Fast Track program guidelines.
- Communicate effectively in a fast paced environment with members or potential members concerning general inquires, rates, products, loan requirements and application process via phone, email or face to face meeting.
- Maintain knowledge of current changes to investor guidelines, product changes, the general financial industry, and the real estate market.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance laws applicable to mortgage and home equity loan originations including, but not limited to: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending, Know Before You Owe), Regulation C (Home Mortgage Disclosure Act - HMDA), and other stated and federal laws which may be applicable.
- Actively engage with external partners (Realtors®, Financial Planners, Accountants, Builders, and various trade associations) and attend local/state networking events to increase DCU's marketshare in mortgage originations.
- Conduct educational seminars inconjucntion with internal and external partners that focus on DCU's core values and beliefes
- Maintain knowledge of all credit union products and services for the benefit of cross-selling to members or potential members.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Decision making/Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Tolerance
- Quality Oriention
- Applied Learning
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years mortgage or related experience
- Knowledge of Secondary Market guidelines (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac)
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Technical Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Loan Orignaitons System (LOS), Point-of-Sale, Product & Pricing Engine
- Requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier/scanner, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
Travel:Less than 25% of the time. Travel to other DCU locations will be required. Attend industry conferences, continuing education and events may be required at certain times throughout the year.
Service Excellence: The DCU Way:
All employees are expected to provide service excellence the “DCU Way” through teamwork and by providing quality service to internal and external members, incorporating the Guiding Principles of DCU’s culture:
- People come first
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA):
All Credit Union employees are required to complete all BSA related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to functions performed within the department and identify and report possible suspicious activity.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.