1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: AWS Cheektowaga Facility (StandardXchange), a Xylem brand, provides heat transfer solutions for the industrial and commercial markets. The Heat Transfer team is seeking experienced Welders for 2nd Shift positions to fabricate and weld assemblies in accordance to ASME and Military Standards. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience, be able to read blueprints and work independently.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Performs all levels of welding-brazing and set-up on Heat Exchanger Product. In accordance with ASME Code and Mil Spec. Requirements, must pass welding and set-up performance qualification tests. Position requires a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience. Methods applied and welding assignments may vary depending on skills and welding ability.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Various types of manual and automatic welding, brazing and automatic & manual burning equipment, welding fixtures, shields, guards, hand tools. Other welding equipment required: hammers, chipping and cleaning tools, gauges, wrenches, fluxes, blueprints, sketches peck spud welder, auto lathe welders.
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous
- Select and set-up welding equipment required, position, jig up or clamp material to be welded or brazed to dimensional requirements. Adjust current input, selects gas to obtain proper weld for maximum strength.
- Works from drawings, specifications. Use of scale, square, protractor, templates, straight edge, plumbline and fixed gauges.
- Requires ASME Certification, military certificate (brazing) and knowledge of ASME Section IX Standards.
- Cleans parts and welds by appropriate means.
- Obtains parts and materials within the department.
- Clean up debris after completing each job.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a vocational school in welding practices
- 1 to 2 years of fabrication set-up and welding
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must pass a welding test
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (30-35 lbs.), manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Typical Manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.