1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: AWS Cheektowaga (StandardXchange), a Xylem brand, provides heat transfer solutions for the industrial and commercial markets.
The Heat Transfer team is seeking a Plate Gasketer for 3rd shift position to assemble plates and gaskets for our Plate Product Line. The ideal candidate will be able to stand at a workstation and have worked in a fast paced assembly work environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interact with Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing Engineering to plan, schedule and produce product. Attend those meetings as directed to ensure cooperation and facilitate communication of information.
- Encourage, review and recommend improvements to department processes, safety, throughput, methods, and procedures.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of practices and techniques, principle of application and operation of various types of equipment, tools, fixtures and instruments, and the ability to plan and execute difficult work.
- Plans and carries out all the tasks related to gasketing Plate and Frame thermal plates.
- Remove and install gaskets as required. Verifies material is correct (quality, type, quantity) prior to the start of Gasketing operation.
- Gaskets plates to conform to drawings, special instructions, procedures, etc.
- Accomplish and document material cycle counts.
- Sorts, identifies and stocks materials. Generates labels, sorts and tags materials, racks and storage bins.
- Ensures unit/part cleanliness per specification, customer requirement and/or procedure prior to releasing for shipment.
- Package gaskets, plates and/or plate assemblies as necessary for shipment to customers or subcontractors.
- Sign off on paperwork (router, checklist, or other documents) per procedure or as directed to indicate operator has inspected his/her work and it conforms to the applicable fabrication requirements (drawings, specs, codes.) and to maintain status of fabrication.
- Verify all gauges and measuring tools are within proper calibration dates.
- Lubricate and clean tools/equipment daily.
- Observe all safety and shop rules. Immediately notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions. Wears, cleans and properly maintains all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Participates in personal air and noise sampling when directed.
- Each person is responsible for the quality of work and inspection, checking to insure that all product or pieces meet specifications and quantities without deviation and report any such deviations.
- Assists and/or train new employees in job classification.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe environment throughout work area, sweeps area, clears debris, arranges product, etc. on a minimum of a daily basis to assure this.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Six (6) months assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (30-35 lbs.), manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Typical Manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.