Requisition Number: SITES04452
About the Position
The Site Safety Manager assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in accordance with Kenco Safety Philosophy and in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations including but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Partner with operations and other areas to build support and provide information for safety initiatives while setting clear expectations and time lines.
- Facilitate implementation of corporate initiatives, strategic objectives and policies to ensure compliance, standardization and execution.
- Audit facility to ensure compliance with all OSHA, internal requirements. Conduct safety audits including but not limited to maintenance procedures, fire equipment, powered industrial equipment, dock conditions, housekeeping, rack conditions, material conditions, and electrical conditions.
- Work collaboratively to advance safety efforts through the development of a site safety program.
- Coordinate safety training requirements and processes along with corporate to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop systems to support safety Best Practice sharing within the site.
- Maintain required governmental reporting documents.
- Develop and implement tools to demonstrate safety performance and clearly show areas of deficiency.
- Drive accountability at all levels of site leadership.
- Lead and develop safety security advocates (SSA) with varying skill levels toward common goal of improving safety.
- Identify and correct at risk behaviors immediately when observed.
- Interface with local regulators (OSHA, DOT) on audits, inspections and support site on follow up/resolution.
- Support the investigations into all accidents, environmental incidents, and near-misses, ensuring root-cause analysis is completed and corrective actions identified and closed.
- Oversee safety data required by State and Federal agencies.
- Work with Corporate Risk Management in preparing applicable EH&S reports as necessary, including Tier II, Biennial Report and other applicable reports.
- Other assigned duties that may be in place given site supporting:
- Manage development, implementation, and maintenance of security processes, practices, and policies that identifies and mitigates risk to associates, company and customer assets.
- With the assistance of KMS Risk Management, plans, designs, and manages installation process through completion of electronic security solutions (Intrusion, Access Control, CCTV, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in safety or related field
- 5+ years’ experience with at least 3 years in warehousing/distribution facilities preferred.
- CSP, CSHM or other certification is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, OSHA, and EPA laws/regulations
- Power Industrial Truck Trainer (stand up, reach and sit down)
- Excellent written and communication skills, leadership skills, a comfort level with change, and the ability to lead change
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Understanding of OSHA, , DOT and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Ability to stay focused and adjust priorities and tasks based on new data and direction.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and identify possible solutions.
- Ability to lead others, motivate, coach, and identify development opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work constructively under stress and pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions without compromising Safety.
- Understand and execute Lean or Six Sigma concepts within a functional group or packaging site.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, , and Excel;.
- Ability to recognize and make recommendations regarding ergonomics in the workplace
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact - Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible.
- Leading People - Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization's strategy.
- Managing Transitions / Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Relationship Management - Building and maintaining relationships with internal partners to successfully complete projects and organizational objectives.
- Strategic Agility - Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.
- A passport is not required, but recommended.