With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers' construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The Sales & Operations Coordinator position is designed to develop the candidate's knowledge and ability to identify and resolve our customers' needs, coordinate the activities of all personnel within the branch, maintain competitive data, maintain inventory control and provide the reporting and tracking of all daily business activities. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skills with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
- Answer customer inquiries and resolve their issues/concerns
- Schedule delivery and pick up of equipment
- Maximize/generate additional sales revenue through superior customer service on all existing orders
- Finalize sales from all inbound inquiries and successful outbound telemarketing
- Provide customers with expert advice on the selection, operation and maintenance of all the various types of equipment
- Generate, process, analyze and review the daily business reports
- Support all team members
Bachelor's degree preferred
Conditions of Employment
Valid driver's license
1 to 2 years of previous inside or business-to-business sales experience within the industrial, equipment rental or construction sectors
Retail sales background within the home improvement, light industrial or telecommunications markets are preferred
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to engage in natural verbal interaction with customers
- Able to walk into unfamiliar environments and adjust rapidly to the setting
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focused
- Multi-task on multiple assignments within a fast-paced environment
- Solid and proven computer skill set (knowledge of MS Office is preferred)
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.