Fire Alarm Inspector
Seeking an experienced fire alarm inspector for PBFS Chattanooga. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, special hazard detection & controls and critical components including but not limited to checking agent pressures, cylinder weights, pressure switches and electronic control heads.
- Able to perform testing and maintenance.
- Able to complete documentation as necessary.
- Able to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies. Including ability to understand special hazard room integrity and fan test procedures.
- Able to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches specific to fire alarm manufacturer.
NICET II or NICET III is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education upon being hired. A minimum High School diploma or GED combined with technical or related experience and/or training, or a combination of education and minimum 3 years experience, is required.