Requisition Number: CIVIL01371
Mesa seeks a Civil Structural Engineer who will work remotely. The primary duties consist of working with new and existing transmission line structures and foundations. Candidate must have steel detailing knowledge, a strong understanding of FEA concepts and limitations, and foundation design experience.
- BSCE from an ABET accredited College/University
- 6+ years total, 3+ years direct TL Structure design
- Work with Transmission Line Design teams to analyze and/or design special transmission structures
- Create and check PLS-Pole (wood, steel, concrete) and PLS Tower FEA Models
- Analyze existing structures for added loads from reconductoring, communication antennas, or ground clearance mitigation
- Limited work in PLS-CADD and PLS-CADD/Lite to generate wire loads on structures
- Must be capable of preparing/checking calculations using engineering formulas and skills using Excel, Mathcad, or similar
- Must be familiar with the capabilities and limitations of typical FEA analysis software such as PLS products, STAAD, and/or RISA
- Design drilled concrete shaft, driven pile, and direct embed foundations using Ensoft products (LPile, Shaft, APile, etc.), FAD Tools, and/or other software as required
- Design and detail modifications and/or strengthening for existing structures
- Must have knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASCE 10, ASCE 48, IEEE NESC-C2, CPUC General Order 95, AISC MoP #74, AISC 360, ACI 318, etc.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD 2D and standard Microsoft Office products is a requirement.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Duties will include interfacing with Southern California Edison engineers and managers.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed to schedules.
- Adherence to Mesa quality program.
- Creative thinking and ability to judge between alternate solutions to provide the optimal solution
- Safety consciousness and strict adherence to company and client safety standards
- Occasional day-travel with rare overnight travel for site visits and client meetings will be required. Field work usually includes measuring and/or documenting the condition of existing structures for analysis or reporting (NO climbing or work near energized parts; if elevated work is required the Mesa engineer will direct a team of climbers from the ground and document what they find)
- Must be able to pass security background check and possess a valid driving license with an industry-standard safe driving record