Requisition Number: CIVIL01369
Mesa seeks a Transmission/Civil Engineer whose primary work consists of working with new and existing transmission line structures and foundations. Candidate must have a strong understanding of PLS CADD and Transmission Engineering concepts and limitations.
- BSCE from an ABET accredited College/University
- Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience
- Professional registration is desirable for this position
- Works under the direction of Senior/Principal Engineers and Engineering Managers.
- On a task basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs and supporting documentation such as design criteria, calculations, drawings and specifications.
- Must have basic understanding of all drawing types required for a project, understanding their purpose, inter-relationship with other sets of deliverables, method of generation, and cost to produce.
- Assists in definition of project objectives, and definition of project requirements and design approaches for routine projects.
- Exercises limited judgment in the independent evaluation selection, and adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs technical and coordination checking/ review of deliverables and other project documents. Ensures deliverables comply with Business Unit procedures and meet applicable design requirements.
- Capable of preparing/checking calculations using engineering formulas and skills or application specific software as required.
- Manages personal task assignments, and may occasionally assist more senior engineers/designers in supervising, scheduling, and checking work of other design team members.
- Assists in resolution of construction issues, supporting design staff to resolve problems and concerns in a timely manner.
- Identifies conflicting design or schedule requirements and generates Project Deviation Notices in a timely fashion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve routine technical problems related to specialty area.
- Possess aptitude for computing and design.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess willingness to accept responsibility for technical adequacy of all output.
- Possess working knowledge of computers and software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and software used for specific technical applications within the department.
- Possess willingness to develop, promote and comply with Mesa safety requirements.
- Normal office environment with occasional field trips to plant sites requiring ability to walk and climb stairs or ladders in a plant or industrial environment occasionally requiring occasional overnight (or longer) stays.