Medical Assistant - Central Float
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc.
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
PPNCSNJ is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant. The Central Float Medical Assistant will provide high quality patient care; provide excellent customer service; ensure efficient and effective patient flow; ensure a safe and effective clinic environment; work collaboratively with all team members to create a great workplace. The MA will work within the context of PPFA and PPNCSNJ Medical Standards and Guidelines.
Why join us?
Are you ready to work with passionate, smart individuals from all walks of life who represent the diversity that makes us all special? If so, this is one of the many reasons you should join us. From your first day on the job, you'll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Each day will be unique and meaningful. Beyond your day to day contribution and an excellent benefits package, we offer a tangible work-life balance with career development opportunities and a supportive work culture.
Ideal Qualities & Experience:
- Ability to ensure that services are provided in accordance with current PPFA Medical Standards & Guidelines.
- Ability to assist clients with social/medical history on clinical forms.
- Ability to properly document vital signs and process routine lab testing.
- Ability to travel throughout the Affiliate’s service area as required.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate the willingness to attend meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork & collaboration, accountability and responsibility; practice these values in relation with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Medical Assistant Diploma required; certification as Medical Assistant, preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred.
- EMR experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must work Saturday's.
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in handling them – our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture. In addition to a competitive salary, PPNCSNJ offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
PPNCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.