Senior Manager, Sales Operations
- Internal and Field Stakeholder Management: Effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders to gain agreement on business objectives and the action plan to achieve them.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate a strategic approach to achieve business objectives by asking strategic questions, aligning resources, developing an action plan, and evaluating action plan results.
- Analytics: Maintain subject matter expertise with service and sales data sources and tools, and applies this expertise to deliver high quality data and actionable insights to achieve business objectives.
- Process: Consistently implements all operations protocols, procedures, and standards in a timely manner.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Contribute to the team’s performance, actively collaborate within and beyond the team to design and ensure buy-in around solutions
- Fosters an environment of candor and support for voicing ideas and overcoming concerns, including advancing own and others’ ideas through influence.
- Effectively represents views of management to team, and team to management.
- Leads organization-level initiatives and holds others accountable.
- Delegates decision making and empowers own reports to make decisions and stands behind them.
- Congratulates people for a job well done. Takes a genuine Interest in in people. Listens carefully, Tells the truth and explains the why.
Managing and Developing People:
- Manages team of individuals with significant business scope or complexity to deliver business results and individual development.
- Provides ongoing discussion and active advocacy of team member development plans, identifying opportunities, articulating barriers, and providing clear assessment of current status.
- Conducts development discussions with each direct that result in tangible action plans for leveraging strengths and addressing areas of growth.
- Delivers balanced, honest and helpful mid-year and annual performance reviews leveraging organizational feedback.
- As appropriate, advocates to manager for development moves, promotions; rewards and recognizes appropriately.
- Assesses talent effectively, both current team members and interview candidates.
- Foster a strong collaborative culture.
- Provide strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ensure executive management and stakeholders are kept informed of critical-path progress and variances from plan.
- Serve as a liaison between sales, service, marketing, finance, IT, etc.
- Oversee and monitor all phases of critical projects.
- Respond proactively to potential delays in a manner that reduces or eliminates the risk of delay or disruption.
- Ensure processes are simplified and easy to understand and execute.
- Cost center and vendor management.
- Bachelor’s degree with 14+ years exp. OR Master’s/Doctoral degree with 12+ years exp. Related experience includes 4+ years managing people.
- 5+ years of sales operations experience to include analytics experience.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations.
- Knowledge of reporting and data analytics tools like Excel, SAS, Power BI, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, Business objects.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Incentive compensation, field reporting, customer segmentation, field force sizing and business planning.
- Diagnostics industry experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills, detailed oriented with focus on quality and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient in interacting with Senior Leadership.
- Experience managing projects and vendors.