This Electrician will be responsible for performing electrical maintenance, repairs, and construction on our 6 building 500,000 square foot Chaska biomedical manufacturing and research campus. This person will be an integral part of high-caliber team that is responsible for the installation, maintenance and upgrading of biomedical production and research equipment as well as day-to-day office and facilities support reporting to onsite Facilities Manager.
- Leveraging one’s training, practical experience and good judgment to successful project planning and execution.
- Supports a team culture of continuous improvement for the office and manufacturing environment that ensures safety, efficiency, hygiene, sustainability.
- Ensures successful maintenance of grounds and building infrastructure through the implementation of a successful preventive maintenance (PM) program
- Reading and working from blueprints and technical schematics.
- Conducts facility inspections and equipment condition assessments to determine necessary modifications, including repair work and replacements.
- Taking initiative and being a creative problem solver on electrical related challenges.
- Ensuring best practices and National Electrical Code and State of MN standards and Codes to the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery in a biomedical manufacturing and research environment.
- Having diversity in the types of daily work challenges while assisting other facility personnel (including HVAC, plumbing and snow removal operations) in day-to-day operations.
- Installing and maintaining including troubleshooting of various low voltage, 480v/208v power, VFD’s and Fire Alarm Systems.
- A minimum of a current, State of Minnesota Class “A” Journeyman’s License coupled with at least a 2-year Voc-Tech certification and/or recognized apprenticeship.
- 3+ years of related experience (experience after Journey's License was received, not inclusive of apprenticeship experience ) in industrial and/or commercial experience where high voltage electrical systems are being used.
- Demonstrable ability to:
- work with minimal supervision
- read and work-from blueprints and floor layouts.
- troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment and machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment
- work at heights,
- lift up to 75 lbs.
- Familiarity with the installation and maintenance of 480v/208v power, VFD’s and Fire Alarm Systems
- Strong understanding of the National and MN Electrical Code
- Ability to work a five 8-hour day scheduled Monday through Friday work week and will also serve as a rotating Facilities On-Call contact approximately 5th week. These hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Beckman Coulter Chaska Facilities
- Familiarity with commercial manufacturing and medical regulatory environments and operations.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Technology.
- Current, State of Minnesota Master Electrical License
- NICET level 1 certified on Fire Alarm Systems.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) & Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Exposure to PLC programming logic and/or controls.