This position is an integral part of the Hardware Sustaining Engineering team and will be located in Chaska, MN. This team manages End-of-Life for and is responsible for Value Engineering for legacy products.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Sustaining Engineering responsible for ensuring direct material savings goals. If you thrive in a design-focused role and want to work in building a world-class organization—read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Use 3D modeling, tolerance analysis, prototyping, and feasibility testing.
- Lead Kaizens and workshops to find opportunities for cost savings.
- Use Danaher Business Systems (DBS) to manage projects, tackle problems solve, and identify process improvements.
- Track, communicate, and report on the status of projects.
- Analyze technical risks and present design concepts to a technical review board for feedback.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience: 5+ years with a BA, 3+ years with a MA, or 0-2 years with a Ph.D.
- Experience with machine design, instrumentation, manufacturing, and service processes.
- Experience with project management, problem-solving, and continuous improvement processes.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Danaher Business Systems (DBS) or other lean manufacturing systems
- CAPA and design changes in a regulated environment are highly desired