Marketing Manager, Chemistry / Immunoassay
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement commercial and market plans and programs, both short and long term, to increase BEC’s Chem/IA market share in key customer segments (IDNs, GPOs, Government, Commercial Labs and Distribution).
- Work cross-functionally to execute marketing plans for new instrument and assay launches applying the Launch Excellence (LeX) process.
- Sets goals for new products both in terms of specific product growth and profitability as well as contribution of new products as a whole to the company's financial performance.
- Establish daily management process to ensure achievement of New Product Development targets and product line growth in key segments.
- Create sales tools and training aimed at moving customers through the buying cycle in alignment with menu expansion and new product launch goals
- Develop and launch promotions and communication campaigns to expand test menu expansion and hardware sales. Lead visual management to track impact of these promotions and suggest improvements/changes as necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with products, solutions and services offered; implement and monitor creative marketing activities aimed at expanding/growing core business.
- Participate in customer symposiums and user group meetings to drive customer retention.
- Maximize competitive advantage and champion new directions through superior understanding and analysis of market trends, beliefs, perceptions, behaviors, and scope as well as competitor actions, strengths, weaknesses, and plans.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years exp. OR a Master’s degree with 7+ years exp.
- 5 or more years’ experience in clinical diagnostics, life science or medical device sales within a commercial role (Marketing, Sales, Product Management, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving, communication and analytical skills. Ability to perform exceptionally well in fast paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications style that will develop confidence not only internally among employees and the Executive Team, but also externally among current and potential customers.
- Proven ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including proven influencing skills, project management and planning skills.
- Ability to travel 25%, domestically.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Ability to work in a large, matrixed organization.
- Working knowledge of the principal areas and role of Marketing, Sales, Service, Manufacturing, Planning, R & D, QA and Business Development.
- Flexible, curious and tenacious with a can-do positive approach in a challenging business.
- High energy, self-starter with bias for action and sense of urgency.