Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision-making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it's convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values: People Accountability
Our team is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Goleta, CA.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of activities to meet production quality, safety, service and cost objectives. This is an impactful opportunity to create the foundation for our future as we grow production to high volume levels. Apply your passion for quality, manufacturing and process improvements in this independent and highly collaborative role.
In this role you will
- Aligns SBU expectations (quality/service, costs, responsiveness, asset management) with operations by product lines. Follows through and supports team decisions and initiatives. Contributes to the strategic direction of the BU and participates in the execution;
- Operates production in accordance with EH&S requirements. Ensures compliance with legal and environmental safety standards. Develops and manages work structure and provides efficient workflow. Maintains high standards of information accuracy and reporting. Submits required and scheduled reports as required. Defines disaster recovery plan for site;
- Tracks and manages delivery performance. Manages resources for sufficient capacity to achieve required production volumes. Assures ongoing improvement in product quality as measured by CAR's, QN's and audit results through effective leadership of team. Delivers manufacturing processes with demonstrated continuous improvements. Holds employees accountable to established processes and procedures. Manages the operations team to key results areas and Plant metrics. Manages actual costs to budget, inventory stocking programs to flex with business levels and meet metrics;
- Manages and develop high performing operations management team. Hires high performers for job positions. Sets development goals for managers and coaches for achievement. Conducts performance reviews and provides opportunities for training. Provides clear direction and rewards top performers often;
- Establishes a continuous improvement environment as guiding operational culture. Coaches and mentors' staff on Lean Sigma tools. Sponsors lean events. Implements the appropriate measures (metrics/SCOR) to drive continuous improvements and best practices;
- Collaborates with product manager to align product roadmap to manufacturing. Provides full support to customers on product quality and delivery. Represents operations group within Entegris to those who impact the manufacturing process (Sales, CS, Product Management, Engineering, etc.).
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Engineering or a related field;
- Electronics manufacturing, box build and test, experience working with contract manufacturing companies;
- Product ramp from initial samples to maturity, acquisition integration, and development of high levels of operational discipline;
- Lean Manufacturing work experience;
- Excellent communication, planning, organization and leadership skills;
- Cost effectiveness and plant budgeting work experience;
- Flexibility to adapt to work environment, work force, and customers' needs;
- Computer literacy - work experience with ERP systems, SAP Preferred, for production planning and inventory management;
- Travel up to 30%.
Your success will be measured by
- Ability to lead the Operations team to deliver on customer orders and meet safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics;
- Ability to align with business unit to support strategic and growth initiatives, while following Entegris PACE Values;
- Ability to provide leadership and drive a continuous improvement culture across the facility through open communication and a conducive environment for new ideas.
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you're looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that's all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.