Backend Java Developer
At Kelly Services, we work with the best. Our clients include 99 of the Fortune 100TM companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 - 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
- Good knowledge on one or more of the following technology stack - Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (Tomcat,JBoss), OSGi, SOAP/REST webservices
- Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
- 2+ Experience using a CI system to automate builds
- Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency
- Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
- Strong in debugging and troubleshooting
- Previous experience with the Predix platform is an added advantage
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
- Experience with C#, NewRelic, Logstash, Postgres, Lua, GOLang
- Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
- Experience with CQRS
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
- Ideal candidate for Senior level role, should also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
Must have 1 to 5 years’ experience in new software development using Java.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in writing unit tests
- 1-2 years’ experience with Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc…)
- Experience with NodeJS
- 1-2 years’ experience with NOSQL databases
- 1 - 3 years of developing REST APIs
As a Kelly Services candidate you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Weekly pay and service bonus plans