KARL STORZ Endovision (KSE) develops, manufactures and services fiberoptic and digital video endoscopes. KSE services all flexible endoscopes distributed in North America, as well as, many globally distributed endoscopes. The facility also manufactures and services a variety of electromechanical devices -light sources, insufflators and other electronic accessories that provides high quality medical care. To become part of this dynamic team, we invite you to learn more about our opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to disassemble and assemble quality endoscope subassemblies while adhering to prescribed standards.
- All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- Routinely disassembles and assembles various intricate optical and mechanical components.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine assembly tasks.
- Quantity of units produced should correspond to the time standards
- Perform cleaning and inspection of various components using hand tools and ultrasonic baths.
- Responsible for following prescribed assembly techniques and within assigned time standards to produce quality endoscope sub assemblies while meeting productivity guidelines.
- Actively participate in company sponsored training programs up to and including facilitating training as appropriate to role.
- Ability to cross train in other value stream assemblies as needed.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience.
- 0-1 years of experience assembling miniature precision medical products preferred.
- Proficient in basic sub-assembly or basic disassembly of miniature precision medical products.
- Must possess ability to understand assembly drawings and written assembly procedures.
- Ability to operate simple to moderately complicated machinery.
- Ability to meet takt time and quality standards.
- Must have the ability to work with adhesives, solvents, microscopes, small hand and power tools, measurement devices and other related tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work well with coworkers.