General Summary Benefits Supplemental Questions
06 an hour. This is a seasonal position, no benefits.
This position assists with mowing and turf maintenance at Meadowcreek Golf Course.
Performs routine semi-skilled work in a variety of construction, repair and maintenance assignments involving the use of common tools and operates equipment in connection with the semi-skilled tasks to which assigned; does related work as required. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is under general supervision, with related functional areas and more advanced applications.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to: turf maintenance (mowing and trimming), maintenance of fairways and greens, landscape maintenance, tools and building maintenance;
- Assists with construction and maintenance projects;
- Performs simple repair and completes maintenance assignments;
- May be exposed to or required to use chemicals in general maintenance responsibilities;
- Assists senior workers in semiskilled work and the use of hand tools and maintenance equipment;
- Operates hand tools and power equipment associated with custodial, construction and maintenance operations;
- Operates vehicles as required;
- Must have the willingness and flexibility to work as a member of one or several teams;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:Minimum Qualifications:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or vocational school diploma or GED. (If no diploma or GED is obtained, must have a minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in the field.)
- Some experience as a laborer in maintenance, repair, and/or construction activity related to grounds, turf, or golf courses;
- Some experience in the operation of mechanical turf and automotive equipment.
- May require valid VA driver's license by employment start date.
Skills: Some knowledge of the maintenance, repair and manual tasks of the area to which assigned; some knowledge of the safe use and operation and preventive maintenance of the common hand and power tools required in the work; some knowledge of the safe use, operation and preventive maintenance of the equipment to which assigned; skill in the use of the equipment to which assigned; ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
Physical Conditions & Work Contacts:
Position may require employees to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Requires the ability to perform strenuous manual labor, often under unfavorable conditions, including considerable walking, lifting, stooping and carrying.