The Clinical Manager will be responsible for the overall supervision of the clinical support staff to include CPG Charge Nurses, Lead Medical Technologist, and clinical float staff and other staff as assigned. The incumbent oversees clinical quality, training and evaluation of staff. The incumbent works closely with the CPG Management Team to enhance overall patient flow, staff efficiency and competencies. Responsible for ensuring effective clinical operations across the CPG network. Functions as liaison with UVA Health System and external partners.
Personnel Related Responsibilities
- General supervision of staff to include hiring, performance management, timesheet approval and employee requests and complaints. Responsible for evaluating and resolving employee issues and other work-related issues.
- Cover office operations when needed.
- Create monthly work schedule for employees and manage all employee leave requests
- Personnel record maintenance
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to keep staff apprised of activities and decisions.
- Assists with staff training and development to ensure effective performance and promote engagement. Responsible for staff engagement through assessment and action plan implementation to promote highly engaged teams.
Manage ongoing compliance issues through communication, training and monitoring policies
- Manage employee mandatory competencies (skills assessment, OSHA, blood borne pathogens, CLIA/COLA, etc.)
- Ensure qualitative compliance with regulations within clinic scope of work.
Revenue Cycle: Revenue, Accounts Receivable
- Oversight of clinical staff charge entry and assist with work queue resolution
- Responds to billing and coding requests for additional information
- Support of Physicians and NPs to maximize patient throughput
Budget/Cost Containment/Financial Management
- Participate in preparation of yearly budget
- Monitor budget variance reports and acts to eliminate or reduce variances
- Assist with supply ordering, setting and maintenance par levels, inventory control and cost containment
- Processes vendor invoices for Accounts Payable process and process check requests
- Participates in clinical operations strategic planning and provides data, measures, and supporting information for decision making.
- Support practice operations with a focus on Lean principles and implementation of best practices
- Functions as an EPIC SuperUser and subject matter expert. Provides direct support through education and training to clinical staff.
- Research of new clinical services to determine impact to operations as related to cost, implementation, training.
- Responsible for management of the Clinical Practice Group (CPG) clinic laboratories, including quality control, proficiency testing, processing, testing, reporting of lab results and evaluation of new or modified techniques, equipment and software.
- Provides oversight of vaccine ordering, inventory tracking and management of state funded vaccine program.
- Provides oversight to CPG practices for laboratory testing (policies and procedures, quality measures)
- Communicate with various UPG departments regarding employees, physicians, and patients
- Assist with maintenance and training of office, laboratory and medical equipment
- Respond to patient requests and complaints. Document in EMR and other required processes.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of policies and procedures and training manuals
- Application and adherence to office policies and procedures
- Responsible for establishing and participating in CPG and Corporate goals
- Liaison between office and institutional resources
- Attend meetings as required
- Other duties as requested by management
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Three to five years previous clinical office experience
- Primary and specialty care clinic experience preferred
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- BLS Trainer certification preferred or obtains within six months of employment.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.