The University of Virginia seeks a Communications Coordinator to provide project support as necessary and as assigned by the Managing Director of Finance Strategic Projects.
The Financial Strategic Transformation (FST) is a comprehensive transformation initiative that includes culture change, business process improvement, and the implementation of Workday Financial Management. Reporting to the FST Communications Workstream Lead, this individual will provide best in class communications support services to the UVAFinance organization. Duties may include a combination of administrative and emerging professional work, such, helping to maintain a social media presence and providing project support services to the FST communications team. Work is assigned at the task level, though they may also undertake more independent work.
Collectively UVAFinance is responsible for accounting & financial reporting, payroll services, financial planning & analysis, student financial services, procurement/ accounts payable, financial outreach & compliance, and treasury & risk management functions.
This position is initially limited to the duration of the project, currently estimated to be December 31, 2021.
- Primary responsibility for the coordination and execution of administrative support activities within the FST Communications team.
- Maintain Data Bases and Other Communication systems
- Support staff by assisting with a range of activities, including meeting and presentation preparation, best practice and benchmarking research, and basic analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Partnering with the FST Communications lead and the FST Communications Generalist, develop and manage a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Identify target audiences and tailor messages as appropriate.
- Assist with outreach to stakeholders and handle incoming inquiries.
- This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least two years of experience. Degree in English or communications may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrated exemplary oral and written communication skills. Ability to synthesize, to articulate clearly, and to effectively convey information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and in a fluid work environment.
- Ability to respond appropriately and in a timely manner by following the correct process
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be posted for 10 days internally, and will then be open to external applicants and remain open until filled.
Please apply through Workday, and search for ''Communications Coordinator“. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, title, relationship, email address, and telephone number) all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.