Warehouse Pick and Pack Worker
Kelly Services is looking to hire several Site Logistics Operators/Material Handlers in Knoxville, TN for an industry leading chemical company. For this opportunity, you could be placed as a Chemical Finished Product Operator or a Polymers Packaging/Warehousing/Shipping Operator on a long-term, indefinite assignment. You will be working with chemicals and should be comfortable doing such - either with previous experience or the willingness to learn.
Works individually or as part of a team to perform order fulfillment task according to specifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling lawn mower blades, lawnmower air filters and a few other lawn mower attachment accessories.
- Taking raw materials, packaging them into re-sellable products for the customers.
- Very repetitive movements and duties.
- Will be cross-trained in multiple areas of the department so it is slightly less repetitive.
- Attention to detail, fast paced environment.
- Need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand/walk for an 8+ hour work day.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required in this position.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/Equivalent Required.
- Experience with these type of duties would be beneficial.
Term of Assignment
- 1st shift position.
- Hours usually 8am-5pm, but OT may be required occasionally where the workers have to come in early and/or stay late
- Monday through Friday
- There is also opportunity to volunteer for OT on Saturday - very rarely is it mandatory.
- Full Time Contract Position
- Business casual dress code
- Steel Toed Work Shoes with Metatarsals required for first day.
- This assignment will tentatively be starting May 2017 through October 2017 with strong possibility of long term extensions, based on the performance of the candidate and the customer’s needs.
Top 3 Must-Haves:
1. Warehouse experience
2. able to lift 25 lbs
3. Be able to stand for 8 hrs or longer with a great attitude! J