Chewy is the world’s fastest growing e-commerce pet retailer that has been working to re-define the industry by wowing our customers and our employees. Chewy has been growing by leaps and bounds every year since we started in 2011. Chewy is seeking passionate, professional, and self-motivated individuals that are ready to transition into our challenging and growing Facilities and Maintenance team.
Chewy is currently recruiting for a Facilities Utility Worker at our fulfillment center. You will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment operations.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of facilities and utilities requirements across a large fulfillment center.
What you'll do:
- Awareness of battery handling procedures
- Awareness of basic battery changes & maintenance
- Ability to safely operate battery changing equipment, clean spills, etc
- Ability to be trained/operate all facility equipment safely within 30 days
- Assisting with dock door repair & maintenance
- Assisting with dock leveler repair & maintenance
- Assisting with dock plate repair & maintenance
- Floor Scrubber - adjustment, maintenance & repair
- Understanding of shop parts and inventory processes
- Follow company procedures.
What you’ll need:
- In frequent lifting up to 75 pounds
- Working in extreme conditions, all types of weather (rain, snow, sun)
- Ability to perform work underground, on-the-ground, and at various heights <50 feet
- Bending, crawling, stooping, standing for long periods of time
- Possess proper hand tool operation and safety within the workplace
- Possess a set of good basic hand tools in both standard and metric
- Abide by L.O.T.O. principles to ensure safety standards
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills.
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Have the ability to communicate, make sound decisions not under pressure
- Above average attendance record
- Ability to work independently when required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.