SkillStorm Commercial LLC is a rapidly growing national Technical and Professional Services firm. We provide diversified IT and Engineering services and solutions to dynamic mid-market companies and to many Fortune 500 organizations. Our specialties in Consulting, Outsourcing and Project Management provide assistance in solving some of the most complex technical challenges within the industry today.
SkillStorm is seeking a mid-senior level UX Researcher for a large financial services client in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Job Description & Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- This position requires a usability researcher with an expert understanding of digital site usability support.
- As part of the UX Usability team, will manage multiple interactive projects and day-to-day maintenance of existing experiences
- Complete report-outs of findings and recommendations through the use of appropriate tools, resources, and processes.
- Leading the gathering and analyzing of end user data, persona development, understanding and documenting user needs and goals
- Carrying out usability reviews and/or heuristic evaluations.
- Develop research plans, conduct performance-based usability tests and design walkthroughs, and report outcomes.
- Lead remote usability studies and card sorts.
- Manage project with designers, UX Lead, IA, Content, and/or Prototyping directly, to improve the visual design of the user experience.
- Craft documentation to help communicate the experience to the project team, UX team, and prototyping team.
- Create and lead the passion for being the voice of the user and experience building user centric solutions.
- Develop web accessibility training programs for user experience practitioners, developers and other pertinent roles within the organization.
- Solid skills understanding interface design and usability principles and best practices
- Ability to speak to the specifics and benefits of the user-centered design process.
- Expertise with remote testing methodologies.
- Ability to influence business partners and colleagues through effective leadership
- Ability to evaluate technology alternatives and make strategic technical decisions.