iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are hands on, diverse, nimble, and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
We are looking for a Technical Writer to create and/or edit iboss user-facing product documentation. This includes organizing, creating, and maintaining online help systems, user and installation guides, knowledge base articles, and other customer-facing materials.
The iboss technical writer will be a member of the Training and Documentation team and will work closely with our teams to understand all aspects of our product suite, with a focus on user experience.
Your goal will be to design technical documentation focusing on the needs of the customer.
- Work with Product Management and Development to document new product features with a focus on clarifying highly complex, technical information
- Participate in testing pre-release solutions and validating performance against test plans documenting results
- Architect information to best connect people to the content they’re looking for
- Create, edit, and maintain existing product documentation
- Work with our Support and Systems Engineers to proactively address end-user documentation gaps
- Document use cases and product functionality through hands-on use of the product
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience creating user documentation for complex products
- Ability to clearly articulate complex and technical information for target audiences
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple products
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development organization
- Experience working with source control
- Respond with the flexibility to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Health, Vision, Dental, - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Free snacks
- Onsite gym access
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran, or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas