Technical Applications Specialist
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Technical Application Specialist will solve problems independently and within established policies and procedures. The primary objective is “to do what it takes” to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for timely system implementation, training and assay additions.
- Responsible for managing their customer base and growing the business in the applicable region, partnering with Micro sales rep to grow MicroScan business. Supporting core products as Walkaways/AS4, Bruker MBT, WASP.
- Orchestrate implementation plans with customers for new instruments and new panels.
- Facilitate training rotations and schedules within the lab to insure cross training for all operators on all shifts.
- Develop timeline for acquiring specimens/isolates, implementing selected panels and start up strategies within defined guidelines.
- Assist in facilitating the proper customer support for technical issues.
- Pre-Sales Presentations
- Supporting local Microbiology meetings
- Knowledge of Microbiology
- BA/BS preferably in related field
- Thorough technical knowledge of medical technology
- 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively handle customer problems and support the sales team’s efforts
- Ability to prioritize critical customers and handle the crisis customers first
- Advanced Proficiency in MS (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong presentation and selling skills
- Job requires a large amount of driving within the region
- BA/BS (or higher) in Medical Technology
- Prior field experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.