We’re Elliott Davis, a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 700 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work,“ we’re revolutionizing what it means to specialize in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we believe like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We’re so happy you asked.
As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to run your career and make a positive impact on the world.
The Senior Tax Manager uses expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to hedge funds, private equities, investment partnerships and other investment companies.
- High-level review of federal and multi-state tax research, partnership work papers, allocations and returns
- Involvement in client services on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and tax implications of transactions of funding
- Review of transaction and brokerage account summary, K-1 analysis and detailed allocation schedules
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of tax services including planning, research and compliance
- Assist with new business development and extend additional services to existing clients
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and compliance
- Maintain knowledge of current tax practices and stay up to date on changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and expertise
- Recruiting, developing and motivating team members
- Creating a highly collaborative environment in which team members reach out to others for input and ideas
- Promoting a culture of engagement, inclusion, and accountability for the organization’s core values and competencies for the teams that you lead.
- Setting and achieving stretch goals on a periodic basis that increases your value and contribution to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; Master’s degree in Tax preferred
- 7+ years recent accounting firm experience including managing multiple tax accounting projects and client engagements, directing and scheduling staff and managing work flow. Additional industry experience a plus.
- CPA certification
- Ability to multitask
- Leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication and networking acumen