Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Business Application Services (BAS) Team accountable for SAP at Microsoft, our employees make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services.
Microsoft is transitioning to a cloud-first world. Microsoft Core Service Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft's customers, partners, and our employees. We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer who is passionate about driving world class engineering solutions for the SAP Online/RMCA team and collaborate with SAP on the future direction.
As part of the SAP team, you will be involved in designing, configuring the business requirements & features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will work closely with engineers and PMs across our finance, operation, product engineering teams, as well as within IT teams to help enable new business scenarios and manage AR and AP and enable end to end financial reconciliations within SAP CI and RMCA as well as the ECC systems. At the same time you will learn to enable flexible and high-performing Business Process Monitoring Solutions, automated testing solutions and other cutting-edge engineering services with modern engineering tools and applications. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineers (SAP CI/RMCA expert) are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
We are looking for Software Engineer who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer.
As a Software Engineer you will drive SAP solutions for Microsoft Online Business in the following business process/modules: SAP Convergent Invoicing, SAP Sales and Distribution (SD), Dassian, FICA and Integration with RAR.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 2+ years of hands on SAP ERP Implementation experience on large scale projects for enterprise businesses, SAP CI, SD, FICA, RAR
- 3+ years of experience working with complex engineering problems with abilities to piece those into opportunities for the platform
- Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions
- Understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies
- Understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support with deep live-site and problem-solving experience
- Some minor infrequent travel may be required
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required.
- Successful candidate must be a US Citizen
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Preferred, not required:
- SAP S/4 HANA experience
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
- Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations, adherence to SLAs and constraints in a service, including cost-based metrics (cost per transaction/user etc.)
- Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- PMP Certification
- Practical experience with Agile at scale (Scaled Agile Framework a plus!)
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
- Experience developing project plans and managing releases with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Must have ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced, multiple initiatives environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong collaboration skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Dev, Test and support teams in analyzing requirements, proposing designs, developing specs, and driving the designs to completion through virtual team leadership across PM, Dev, Test and Support to meet business outcomes and objectives
- Design, configure, test and document SAP RMCA solutions and CI/SD integrations to enable the desired business processes for Microsoft Online Commerce services
- Work with partner engineering team members and business partners on end to end solution and testing.
- Build and operate the services in a SAP Devops Environment.
- Be Compliant – ensure team's activities adhere to strict SOX controls related to SDLC
- Learn and use Scrum Agile Framework, its related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be part of a scrum team through agile development and release cycles.