POSITION: Senior HVAC / Telecom Technician
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
Leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services for mission-critical infrastructure including telecommunication networks, renewable energy installations, electric vehicle charging stations, and large-scale batteries. The company, with approximately 1,100 employees, is a fast-growing leader in its class through continuous innovation and a mission to expand via organic and M&A strategies.
The Senior HVAC / Telecom Technician is responsible for performing field service maintenance, remedial and emergency repair on telecommunication and data centers, relating to HVAC equipment. This individual shall be self-directed and self-motivated. The preferred candidate will always uphold the foundational goals of Client Service, Quality, and Safety to enhance the integrity for which the organization is known for.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate competency with comfort systems along with installation and diagnostics to ensure the completion of service at a very high, professional level.
- Replace or install forced air heating and air conditioning systems as well as hydronic heating systems or refrigeration equipment and complete systems.
- Install or replace duct systems in telecommunication shelters.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Layout and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram.
- Troubleshoot low voltage control systems.
- Understanding of underground gas monitoring system (AKA, Sierra 2400, Sierra 2450, Quest control systems)
- Complete all necessary safety training provided by Pearce Services
- Complete all necessary technical training provided by Pearce Services
- At all times, maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Pearce Services Safety Manual, as well as other safety and quality directives issued by Management
- Read and understand general Pearce Services project and safety documents
- Possess strong knowledge of pumps, dry coolers, and cooling towers
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain HVAC equipment and all related components
- Perform preventative maintenance and test electrical circuits and components
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience in HVAC. Telecom experience preferred.
- Universal refrigerant card (include 410a) EPA 608. Types 1, 2, and 3
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and their proper application
- Understanding and prior work on underground CEV (Controlled Environment Vault) (highly preferred)
- Able to read and understand electrical ladder schematics
- Basic plumbing knowledge of sump pumps
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers
- Extensive daily travel with the independent work structure
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as required (24/7) when on call
- Good knowledge of electronic controls, power wiring, and microprocessor systems
- PC skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office and other cloud services
- Understanding of telecommunications and data processing operations
- Practice safe working procedures in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Ability to learn from various instruction methods, as well as self-study
- Ability to read and understand general job-related documents
- Previous construction and/or construction industry experience preferred
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
The company offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided is a company vehicle, phone, laptop or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your current resume.