At Ally, every individual is a risk manager. In alignment with our risk culture, this position will ensure the appropriate identification, assessment, and measurement of Operational Risk.
The RCSA Program Team is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the RCSA. This includes development of training, governance documents, and review and challenge. This team works directly with the Operational Risk Business Facing Team to ensure:
- Appropriate risks and controls are identified and evaluated
- Continuity of the ORM team and consistency of guidance across Business Lines
- Programmatic RCSA concepts are adequately articulated and appropriately applied
- Monitoring and Testing results are appropriately considered
- Risk Assessment continues to mature and drive value to the organization
IRM maintains and implements Ally's risk management framework and independently oversees risk-taking activities, sets parameters representative of a strong risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined, and balanced approach to risk-taking and fair and honest treatment of customers, counterparties, and employees. IRM's responsibilities include providing an objective, critical assessment of risks and evaluation of whether Ally remains aligned with its risk appetite and risk limits.
- Support enterprise wide RCSA planning and execution efforts
- Support interactions with Internal Audit
- Assists with identification of RCSA enhancements to ensure maturation of the RCSA Program
- Evaluate RCSA impact of integrated projects and incorporate dependencies into team action plans
- Perform data collection and analysis in support of the RCSA.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of Enterprise Process Hierarchy and enterprise risk and control inventories
- Leverage GRC tools in performance of RCSA responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal business partners
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is required and/or 3+ years relevant experience
- Previous Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Compliance or Audit experience is preferred
- Qualified candidate must be able to think critically and independently
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization (both vertically and horizontally)
- Ability to make recommendations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proven ability to simultaneously accomplish multiple tasks, assignments, and prioritize work as needed to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of internal control development, implementation, and testing
- Demonstrated experience with documenting processes in Visio, Lean Six Sigma Training preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple business partners in a collaborative and team-oriented manner
- Comfortable working in an evolving and dynamic environment
- Expert proficiency with all Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Experience with Archer GRC platform preferred
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Risk function manages and analyzes our exposure to internal and external risk factors. The group strives to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return, to limit unnecessary risk, and to protect the company's financial returns.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.