Novant Health is seeking a Public Safety Corporal (Armed) to provide a safe and secure environment for improving the health of our communities. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: High school diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
- Experience: Six months satisfactory experience as a public safety officer-senior at a Novant Health hospital or facility required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: IAHSS basic and advanced training certifications required. NCPPSB Armed Security Office Registration Permit required.
- Additional skills required: Must qualify for and maintain a North Carolina Private Protective Service Board Armed Security Officer Registration Permit in accordance with annual training and qualification standards established by Novant Health. Public contact experience. Satisfactorily completes all required organizational and departmental basic, field, and in-service training programs including the Corporate Public Safety Training Plan. Basic computer skills. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to accurately receive and transmit information by radio and telephone. Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete, and accurate reports. No criminal record. Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Risk Management requirements. Maintains valid driver's license in the state of residence. Immediately notifies Director of Public Safety or Public Safety Manager of any and all charges relating to the operation of a motor vehicle and/or criminal complaint.
- Additional skills preferred: Security, law enforcement or military experience.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm“.