We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful People Operations Manager to join our Orange County team. In this role you’ll provide on-the-ground support to our Orange County office and partner with our People team across our US offices, you will work as a thought partner with department heads and managers on everything from building our people infrastructure to employee engagement efforts. We’re in hyper-growth mode, which means we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out and who is comfortable moving from high level strategy to administrative logistics seamlessly. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, strong communication skills, creative thinking and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage all administrative parts of People Operations to include but not limited to: Paylocity updates, Office Vibe survey results, onboarding preparation and off-boarding documentation
- Provide first class employee experience by answering employee questions regarding payroll and benefits and act as first line of support for employee relations issues
- Partner with managers and leaders to drive employee engagement and community
- At least 1 year of professional HR experience (related Masters degree + internships qualifies)
- Ability to work with a variety of people including cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates a high level of responsibility, accountability and trust
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and be extremely flexible in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Passion for creating a great workplace culture
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.