CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Tutor Math (Academic Learning Center)
Job ID: req3995
Position Closing Date: August 15, 2020 or Open Until Filled
General Function and Job Duties:
PT Tutor - Math position available in the Academic Learning Center serving multi campuses.
This position assists in planning, coordinating and providing tutoring services to support instructional programs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates academic tutorials including individualized and group tutoring, tutor/mentor training, and academic skills workshops.
- Attends trainings and provide training to other staff when necessary.
- Assists students on how to use technology to effectively utilize campus resources.
- Organizes and conducts workshops for students.
- Assists students in using computer-aided instruction and additional computer resources to help them develop basic skills in that particular subject area.
- Works as a team member with other staff members to support student's academic success.
- Participates in appropriate on-campus staff development opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Math or a closely related area;
Experience in teaching and tutoring in Math related subjects; Demonstrate bility to work with students of diverse backgrounds; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to work flexible hours and to embrace change; ability to follow written and oral directions and to work with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and standard tutoring procedures
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
- During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the “additional documents“ section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59pm on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary for this position is $17.44hr. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Classified. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County's resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, Central Piedmont is in close proximity to the Queen City's growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 56,000 students call Central Piedmont home, making it one of the largest community colleges in the Carolinas.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX“), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.