The MRI technologist will work with the radiologist and fellow staff members to prepare patients and operate magnetic resonance equipment in order to obtain diagnostic scans.
- Education: High School Diploma Required Associates Degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology, required. ARRT registered and eligible to complete the MRI registry or Registered in one of the following modalities (Radiology, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, or Radiation Therapy) and successful completion of an approved diploma program in MRI or Graduate of a two year Associates Degree program in MRI. Must be registered in MRI within 12 months of hire. If not MRI registered and currently in the MRI Technologist role, the incumbent must complete post primary certification in MRI within 18 months
- Experience: Minimum two years MRI scanning required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: RT(MR) or RT(R)(MR) or RDMS(MR) or NMTCB(MR) or RTT(MR) required. Applicable state licensure as required
- Additional Skills Required: Thorough knowledge of MRI imaging equipment, Analytical ability and basic computer skills. Has the ability to interpret information to identify each patient's requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs. Good communication skills.
- Additional Skills Preferred:
- It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm“.