This role is responsible for definition, creation, execution and tracking of end to end software QA testing for software solutions including server based, web based, device level as well as mobile implementations. Testing activities will be conducted within an agile development environment. Duties includes requirements analysis; test planning, test case development, test environment configuration, test execution, defect management, and status reporting.
The successful candidate will be a responsible, motivated, self-started who is able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Review and interpret software requirements into traceable tests plans and test cases.
- Provide testing effort estimations based on requirement reviews.
- Design, create, and execute comprehensive test strategies and plans for systems and product releases
- Perform functional, end-to-end, regression and verification testing on various software applications and platforms
- Certify the quality of and approve product releases against established users and defined acceptance criteria
- Document and track product defects during the testing process
- Identify, log and track product quality issues, capturing and providing detailed test result artifacts for proper root cause analysis.
- Installing software release updates when needed.
- Be able to recommend improvements to the software which would improve user experience.
- Work closely with development team members to drive rapid resolution of identified issues and provide internal department support
- Produce QA quality metrics, tracking and status update reports on a regular basis and distribute to designated stakeholders
- Work closely with Production Support to understand the nature of incoming defect calls and recommend process improvements to avoid recurring quality issues
Required skills & knowledge
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software quality assurance testing
- Ability to work with Agile-based Feature & Story Requirements for the creation of automated test scripts, manual test scripts, negative testing, regression testing, and user acceptance testing
- Knowledge of HP’s UFT(Unified Functional Testing) automated testing system and/or experience coding using vb script
- Ability to build an automated testing script process and create scripts
- SQL & Database query experience
- Experience creating QA test execution strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts, updating test matrices and release notes and estimating testing efforts
- Experience testing with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers
- Knowledge in unit, system, integration, performance, and regression test best practices and methodologies
- Experience with the creation and execution of test plans and strategies
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to act quickly in a crisis situation to make decisions and keep key stakeholders informed of the situation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate technically and in business terms when required
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Basic knowledge of Software Testing Principles
- Exceptionally detailed oriented and methodical
- Familiar with testing that software is speaking to hardware
- Experience working with various software tools –UFT / Script Writing applications
- Ability to work in a self-motivated high-energy manner
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Familiarity with Intermodal Freight Transportation is a plus
- Familiarity with Automated Gate Systems (AGS) is a plus
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields, or equivalent work experience a plus
- Experience working within a Agile project management methodology team
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional Customer service
- Team oriented
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Complex problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written customer service skills
- Must be able to sit and use computer and equipment for long periods
- Must tolerate stressful situations gracefully
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus