The International Operator is responsible for coordination and packaging of export shipments. This includes contact with clients, agents, shippers, consignees, and vendors to manage all aspects of LCL, FCL, and air export shipments. Expected to manage transactions and tasks to satisfy client needs and meet government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creation of domestic and international shipping documentation such as booking confirmations, packing lists, bills of lading, commercial invoices, certificates of origin, arrival notices, airway bills, SLIs, and AES filing paperwork.
- Ensure all documentation and declarations are accurate and in compliance with international shipping, customs, and trade regulations.
- Identify transactions that require special documentation or handling.
- Maintain knowledge of current incoterms and AES filing requirements.
- Maintain communication with clients, proactively communicating status of their shipments.
- Obtain rates from vendors and provide quotes to clients. Ensure charges are invoiced to client within established time frames.
- Coordinate with other business functions such as production, sales, customer service, and quality assurance.
Industrial Safety, Health, and Environmental
- Instructs associates on safety rules and ensures adherence.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and working condition of equipment and tools. Ensure daily completion of 5S tasks.
- Informs management of potentially hazardous conditions on the line or in the work area. Reports all incidents and assists with investigation and documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Logistics, Supply Chain preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Freight Forwarding or 3PL office with active management of air export shipments.
- 3-5 years shipping and distribution experience in high volume international traffic environment. LATAM, EMEA, and APAC market experience / knowledge preferred.
- Strong knowledgeable of US and international export rules and customs regulations.
- Experience working with freight forwarders and international commercial terms.
- Experience pricing and quoting LCL, FCL, and Air export shipments.
- High-volume, pick/pack, small package fulfillment experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of shipping software from carriers such as UPS, Fedex, DHL.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Intermediate knowledge of MRP software; SAP, Oracle, MAS 500, etc.
- Have a high degree of detail accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be a team player with ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and follow-up on requests.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to operate a computer and calculator, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.