What if you had the opportunity to do something you love and make a difference in people's lives at the same time? McKim & Creed is a company of people helping people. And that's what gets us energized. That's why we're excited to get up and go to work every day. That and the cool tools.
With almost 200 geomatics professionals on staff, McKim & Creed is one of the largest geospatial and land surveying firms in the Southeast. Since 2012, ENR Southeast has ranked McKim & Creed one of the largest surveying and mapping firms in the Southeast. And, McKim & Creed has recently been ranked lucky #13 in POB magazine's first-ever listing of the top 100 geospatial firms in the U.S.
Our staff includes 40+ professional/registered land surveyors licensed to work in more than 20 states, 60+ field crews, more than 65 survey technicians, five ASPRS-certified photogrammetrists and one certified inshore hydrographer. Our crews are based in offices as far south as Florida and as far west as Texas, and travel throughout the United States and the Caribbean to respond to our clients' land surveying needs.
Our state-of-the-art technologies, which include mobile and airborne LiDAR, utility detection instruments, vacuum excavation equipment and GNSS units, robotic total Stations and UAS's, enable us to complete projects swiftly, accurately and safely.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provide project management on natural gas pipeline projects. These projects include transmission, distribution, station sites, and facilities. Must have familiarity with design surveys, easement mapping, LiDAR, construction staking and as-builts.
- Able to successfully lead and supervise a project team on projects of all sizes and levels of complexity including multiple field crews and technical staff. Ensure that all aspects of the project are followed through to completion which includes clients meetings, project team communication, monitoring budget and progress and A/R collections.
- Experience with SUE pipelines and pipeline as-built methodology, providing as-built submittals in appropriate format.
- Capable of conducting critical negotiations and handling controversial issues. Exercises skill in persuading and negotiating or critical issues. Demonstrates good judgment in handling and solving complex technical and people assignments.
- Individually able to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development and implementation of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Supports business development efforts, leads the preparation of proposals, serve as lead presenter in presentations to secure new project work. Experienced in developing scope of work, time and manpower estimates. Responsible for developing a substantial amount of new business.
- Develops and maintains existing client relationships.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals. Oversee financial management of the project including invoicing.
- Active in professional organizations, professional development and mentoring of staff. Maintains a network of relationships within the field.
- BA or BS in Geography or related field, 10 plus years of related experience.
- GPIS certification required.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and knowledgeable of standard engineering design programs
- Very good presentation, technical writing and public speaking skills with outstanding experience in major business development efforts.
- An excellent grasp of the GIS field along with leadership, team building and communication abilities.
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of all aspects of the consulting business especially the finance, IT and human resource functions.
- Should be actively involved in high profile activities, seeking out opportunities to represent the profession of matters of public or professional importance.
- Requires a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.