Floor Technician, Facility Operations, Full-Time 3rd shift
Who We Are
Charlotte will be recognized as the most sought after city in the Southeast, known for its undeniable energy, passionate people, and captivating experiences.
The Facility Operations Floor Technician ensures that all floors are clean and in excellent condition through the proper care, restoration, and preventative maintenance of all carpeted and hard surfaces of the Charlotte Convention Center and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Essential Job Duties
- The Floor Technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining floors, including mopping, scrubbing, stripping, scrubbing, buffing, burnishing, waxing, refinishing, sealing and spot cleaning on hard surfaces and vacuuming, spot treating, stain and fiber removal, shampooing, and extracting on carpeted surfaces throughout the Convention Center and NASCAR Hall of Fame as needed and per annual floor care program.
- The Floor Technician may be asked to assist with special projects on occasion.
- Operates on the 3rd shift between the hours of 10PM-7AM.
- Maintains floor care related supplies and alert Assistant Manager when need for additional supplies is needed.
- Utilizes automated ride on equipment for cleaning of large areas of floor surface.
- Conducts scheduled cleanings of all restroom wall and floor tiles and grout per floor care program.
- Performs preventative maintenance check and cleaning on all equipment prior to use and alerts Assistant Manager to any repair or maintenance needs.
- Secures the work area and post proper safety notices for other users of the space prior to beginning work.
- Reports irregularities, discrepancies, injuries, property or equipment damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner to reflect the highest integrity and protect venue floors from damage.
- Follows scheduled cleaning program of all flooring and maintenance duties.
- Operates commercial and industrial cleaning equipment.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner and keeps Assistant Manager informed on project progress and completion.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals and supplies according to department procedures.
- Operates all equipment correctly and safely.
- Keeps a clean work area and removes all equipment/supplies from floor when complete each night. Places any dirty rags, mop heads, etc. in the laundry room for cleaning and replaces any equipment taken from custodial closets throughout the facilities.
- Always observes safety precautions and reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- On occasion will assist Facility Operations as needed with equipment movement, restroom cleaning and room setups.
- Successfully completes any required training or certifications courses deemed required by CRVA and department leadership in a timely fashion.
- Works to identify improved and more efficient ways of performing floor care and works with Assistant Manager to obtain necessary equipment, supplies, training to implement.
- May perform other duties and projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include days, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Model and be accountable ensuring the customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences
- Champion CRVA’s mission, vision and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including customer quotes and product costs.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of how to strip, wax, and burnish floors with minimal to no assistance.
- Knowledge and experience operating various pieces of equipment such as high-speed buffers, extractors, wet vacs, pressure washers, and auto scrubbers.
- Knowledge of tile, carpet, grout, polished and unfinished concrete, slate, and terrazzo floors and best care practices for each.
- Maintains knowledge of principles of hard-surface floor, carpet and grout maintenance and uses proper procedures.
- Knowledge and use of required Personal Protective Equipment for all floor care related work.
- Operates various types of equipment and knows how to properly use various chemicals and supplies associated with tasks.
- Must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision with a sense of urgency, exercising good judgement and initiative with a high level of accountability.
- Strong understanding of operations equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, staging, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public, and other departments, and agencies.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs.
- Treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers; interacts with guests in a friendly, courteous, and polite manner.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the venues.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma is required, and a minimum of two years specialized schooling or related experience in floor care preventative maintenance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use power hand tools.
- The noise level in the work environment could vary depending on the project and equipment used.
- This job has no travel requirements.
What We Offer
- Education Reimbursement
- 457 Plan
- CRVA University
- Employee 1st Culture
- CORE Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.