Facility/Arena Operations Team Member – Full-Time, 3rd Shift
Who We Are
Charlotte will be recognized as the most sought-after city in the Southeast, known for its undeniable energy, passionate people, and captivating experiences.
The Arena/Facility Operations Team Member keeps the venue(s) in clean and orderly condition and works to set up and break down events at Spectrum Center, Bojangles Entertainment Complex, Charlotte Convention Center and NASCAR Hall of Fame. This is a full-time third (3rd) shift role and will rotate among the different venues as needed.
- Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for reporting on condition of equipment in assigned area.
- Manages tools and supplies needed for assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process.
- Sets up and break down of tables, chairs, and building stages.
- Duties to include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables and other furnishings and equipment.
- Maintains the facilities, performing general routine cleaning and maintenance that includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, glass cleaning, carpeted and hard surface floor care and vacuuming; empties trash and garbage containers.
- Operates equipment to include pallet jack, forklift, carpet extractor, scissor lift, ride on scrubbers and vacuums.
- Performs the cleaning of restrooms as directed or does quality assurance checks of facility restrooms if cleaning is done by 3rd party contractors, correcting any deficiencies.
- Identifies process improvements and implements those changes in an effective manner.
- Conducts all work duties in a manner that ensures safety of self and others.
- Reports irregularities, discrepancies, injuries, property or equipment damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor per CRVA standard procedures.
- Trains and couches part-time team by using hands-on approach for event set-up, tear-down changeovers and equipment use
- Reports major equipment malfunctions and environmental hazards to management.
- Communicates daily with management and team via two-way radio throughout scheduled work time.
- Always provides excellent customer service to our clients.
- Complies with all CRVA and Spectrum Center policies and procedures.
- Conduct all operations in accordance with department safety standards.
- Adheres to department uniform and grooming standards.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Maintain NBA courts
- May perform other duties as required.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Model and be accountable ensuring the customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences
- Champion CRVA’s mission, vision, and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures.
- No Supervisory responsibility.
- This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret event set diagrams to accurately set rooms without direct supervision.
- Operates various types of equipment and knows how to properly use various chemicals and supplies associated with tasks.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency, exercising good judgement and initiative as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public, and other departments, and agencies.
- Forklift certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Builds positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Ability to embrace and demonstrate CRVA core values daily.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs.
- Treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge or willingness to learn practices and procedures related to event set-up; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facilities; and proper use and care of department equipment, supplies, chemicals, and power tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic and attention to detail, without close supervision.
- Successfully completes any required training or certifications courses deemed required by CRVA and department leadership in a timely fashion.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the venues.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Facility operations experience is preferred but not required.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 70+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly use power hand tools.
What We Offer
- Education Reimbursement
- NC Retirement system plan
- CRVA University
- Employee 1st Culture
- CORE Values
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job has no travel requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inclusion to us means respecting all differences and that those differences can drive people and performance to new heights. Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.