More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position reports to the VP of Transmission Engineering and Asset Management.
The Executive Assistant performs full secretarial, administrative, and broad support activities for Transmission Engineering and Asset Management. The individual in this position serves in a critical support role. The Executive Assistant requires interface with both external stakeholders and other leadership within the corporation.
It is the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to proactively manage the time and support the work effectiveness of the executive. The individual in this position anticipates the needs of the executive and, based on knowledge of the executive's modes of operation and individual preferences, coordinates, researches, delegates, compiles, and organizes any work necessary to meet those needs. The Executive Assistant requires a high degree of professionalism, knowledge of the enterprise, effective verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Manages incoming calls for the executive and responds to moderately complex inquiries from employees or external sources regarding a variety of questions.
- Coordinates with internal and external executive-level staff to accomplish moderately complex activities, such as scheduling meetings and events with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Performs considerable coordination and follow-through. Sets priorities and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Maintains confidential records and reports.
- Provides support in preparation for the executive's meetings. May coordinate the preparation or compilation of various meeting materials. Interfaces with subordinates of the executive to plan and coordinate materials.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office Products at a level of proficiency.
- Prepares expense reports for the executive.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and meeting preparations.
- Understands the work preferences and needs of the executive. Communicates effectively with other executives and their support staffs. Exercises excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates the ability to work with employees at all levels within and outside the organization in a highly professional manner.
- Effectively handles a wide variety of telephone calls, mail, visitors and appointments to effectively manage the time of the executive.
- Prepares correspondence and written communications using a variety of excellent written communication skills.
- Effectively manages the internal/external time commitments of the executive to facilitate the most effective use of the executive's time. May independently make decisions as to who is scheduled for time with the executive as well as other similar tasks in nature. Actively manages the calendar and time commitments of the executive.
- Carries out all job responsibilities with maximum independence. Exercises judgment and discretion in decision-making involving the planning and execution of support work for executives.
- May require minimal flexibility in work location at 526 South Church, with minimal travel to other regional offices.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10 or more years of broad and comprehensive administrative experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Experience initiating independent judgment in managing the daily schedules of the executive
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and other business leaders with professional maturity and the ability to function independently and work collaboratively
- Effective organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, while under the pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to positively and effectively interact and communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a professional and culturally diverse workforce as well as with those external to Duke Energy, such as industry-related organizations, government agencies, etc.
- Exemplary organizational skills with demonstrated ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Self-motivated; takes initiative to maintain productivity with minimal oversight
- Thorough knowledge of the Duke Energy organization as well as its policies and procedures
- Extensive experience in providing executive administrative support with proven aptitude to manage numerous confidential documents and issues on behalf of an executive
- Experience effectively managing the internal/external time commitments of an executive to facilitate the most effective use of the executive's time
- Experience working with Microsoft office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Friday, December 13, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.