Job Req ID: 236051
Position Number: 00156834
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends, no holidays
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: NSG - Float Pool
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Performs a variety of radiological procedures for diagnosis and treatment using ultrasound modalities. Coordinates exams and procedures with physicians
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures as requested by the physician.
- Produces a variety of procedures that require independent judgment and initiative to create images for ultrasound diagnosis.
- Documents tests results and maintains hard copy images.
- Handles preventive maintenance on ultrasound equipment at designated intervals as described in the equipment manuals.
- Inspects equipment daily and documents needed repairs.
- Maintains patient records as directed by hospital policy and procedure.
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory and orders supplies.
Requires constant walking, standing, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hear, smell, touch and finger dexterity. May occasionally have low exposure to radiation and possible exposure to communicable disease.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of Ultrasound Training Program preferred. Current license Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required. OBGYN experience preferred. Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Imaging certified may be required based on department.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer