Novant Health is seeking a Diabetes Education Specialist provides diabetes education, information, and training to patients, families, and team members. In addition, the Diabetes Education Specialist serves as a subject matter expert for the health system, participating in the design of diabetes care standardization and supporting system wide adoption of best practices. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of clinical experience in nursing required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered Nurse in appropriate state required. Care and Compressions required. Certified diabetes and education specialist (CDCES) must acquire within three years.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Knowledge, ability and skills to support diabetes education to accommodate cultural diversity, age specific or behavioral needs among the patients being served. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm“.