Do YOU love working with Data in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data in a Cloud environment? Do you find that you want to choose other technologies but work for a vendor that limits the options that you can recommend? We are looking for a Data Expert to help us help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud. At Clarity Insights, we only provide Data & Analytics expertise. It’s all we’ve ever done and we love specializing in it and working on hard problems.
Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively data analytics solutions. Our Data Engineering practice has one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory and solution delivery consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
As a Data Engineer for Clarity Insights you will not only be building data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also building the next generation of DW/Big data solutions to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence our client’s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives at high profiled clients that have some of the most challenging problems to take on.
- Hands-on self-directed engineer who enjoys working in collaborative teams.
- Develops highly scalable, end to end process to consume, integrate and analyze large volume, complex data from sources such as Hive, Flume or Kafka.
- Integrate datasets and flows using a variety of open source and best-in-class proprietary software.
- Profile and analyze complex and large datasets.
- Collaborate and validate implementation with other technical team members.
- Coordinates and leads internal meetings.
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of work experience
- Experience building processes around data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management with object-oriented scripting languages such as Python or other object-oriented/object-function languages (such as Java, C++ or Scala) is required.
- Strong SQL experience analyzing, transforming and integrating high volume, complex data sources with considerations for accuracy and efficient performance.
- Experience transforming data out of and into Hadoop/Hive is preferred.
- Fluency in Linux development and common development-related configuration tasks.
- Demonstrated experience implementing custom ETL solutions in Data Warehousing environments.
- Expertise creating efficient data structures with considerations for distribution, segmentation, colocation, etc., for ELT and analysis access paths; understanding of data management concepts such as 3NF, Dimensional, Data Vault, NoSQL/Key-value and their applications for data management and analysis.
- Ability to analyze high volume data against business requirements to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Passion to build business driven, data solutions regardless of technology.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights and technical approach.
- Ability to contribute independently and self-manage delivery in a collaborative environment.
- (Some travel required - 10-20%)
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.