Coordinator, Lifestyle Services
The Apartment Life Coordinator, Lifestyle Services will be responsible for excellence in executing the service plan of Apartment Life’s (AL) onsite program specifically for Active Adult and/or Independent Living communities. This leader will be passionate about the vision and mission of AL and the desires of its industry partners to help build community, provide consistent programming, and enhance the resident experience in this stage of life.
This position will report to the Program Management leader and work closely with the on-site management team. The Coordinator will help improve the lives of residents by engaging residents in community building activities, and providing exciting educational experiences necessary to achieve a positive living experience.
The Coordinator will create specific programming to meet the needs of each community. Each program will balance engaging weekly activities and monthly events (targeting an age restricted population). Once established, the Coordinator will be responsible for running these programs and providing basic reporting to ownership. In some cases, the Coordinator will partner with the management team in executing this holistic program.
- The community is located in the Barclay Downs area of Charlotte.
- Our coordinator roles are unique. This position will be living at the community and serving onsite for approximately 15-18 hours per week (some day time/week day hours are required). Compensation will be in the form of deeply discounted rent in a new, luxury unit onsite. Your rental portion will not exceed $500/mo.
- This community is a 62+ community adults only community. The coordinator for this position should be in and around the 62+ age range with a heart to serve this age group.
- You may see a place where you can provide a link to a Linked-In profile, resume or cover letter. For this position with Apartment Life, you are welcome to submit those, but it is not required!
- Near the top of the application where it says “Current Company,“ if you attend a local church, share the name of your church there. Or, you can share where you work.
Service Coordination -- To ensure programs flourish in excellence, Coordinator will:
- Coordinate with local partners to deliver quality programs tailored to the unique needs of the active adult and/or independent living population.
- Complete the monthly service requirements which can include: planning and hosting monthly activities and events, visiting residents upon move-in and throughout their lease term, engaging online to boost online reputation..
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the onsite staff.
- Meet virtually on a biweekly basis with AL supervisor to discuss progress, goals, and service implementation.
- If applicable, travel between properties on a rotating schedule to complete the programming elements.
- Oversee each activity and ensure they run as planned.
- Report activity each month to capture the program elements and impact on property.
Stewardship -- Stewardship is a principle that speaks into every facet of this position. Coordinators have the privilege of working with other non-profits, the local church, and like-minded businesses to carry out the lifestyle service plan. The coordinator has core responsibilities that help steward the relationships we have been entrusted with. These include:
- Ensuring Apartment Life's core values are at the center of decision-making.
- Viewing their individual goals as part of the common regional goals in recruiting, growth, people impact, client relationships, operations, and strategizing on how to be an active part in making the overall goal a reality.
- Ensuring their administration time is consistent and effective and understanding that their individual tasks impact the work of others and how our clients and partners perceive value.
- Coordinators are also required to steward resident relationships, money, access to clubrooms, and many other aspects of the program with excellence. It is imperative that Coordinators act with utmost integrity in every area.
Background, Experience, and Education:
- 2+ years’ experience in outreach and/or ministry helpful but not required. Experience serving in the active adult or independent living population preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate partnerships with local businesses
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to provide flexible service hours as needed
Competence - The skills necessary to execute the requirements of this role are:
- Communication skills (verbal/written)
- Event planning skills, including administration
- Networking skills
- Conflict resolution
- Tech/computer skills
- Multidisciplinary communication
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Have basic fluency in English to compose marketing elements for the community and required reports for the property management company (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Possess a current driver’s license and liability insurance, and access to a form of reliable transportation to complete coordinator duties such as shopping for events and connecting with vendors.
- Be physically able to use stairs, bend, sit, stand, stoop, carry up to 25 pounds (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Due to the responsibilities of the role, including access to apartment community information and resources, property funds for events, and the potential for interacting with children, all coordinators must have the ability to pass a criminal background check in compliance with federal, state, and local law.
- Have the availability to commit weekly hours to perform job responsibilities.
- Be able to make the minimum term commitment to serving in the apartment community.
- Have access to their own computer for email communication, calendar creation, and reporting. A personal phone will need to be used for communication with supervisors but is not required for resident communication.