We’re Elliott Davis, a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 700 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work,“ we’re revolutionizing what it means to specialize in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world.
We are looking for an Audit Senior to join our Charlotte, NC office. In this role you will provide services to our financial institution group. They perform significant audit and review engagements for our financial clients, while building relationships and assuring continued close personal attention to client needs.
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you!
- Plan, supervise and perform internal and external financial statement audits for community bank clients
- Evaluate client's internal control systems and develop recommendations to improve client processes, accounting systems, control structure and procedures, and efficiency
- Prepare financial statements, audit reports, budget and cash flow analyses, and special reports for clients
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues
- Resolve all open items/issues encountered on assigned engagements
- Bottom-line management of assigned engagements and individual productivity opportunities
- Delegate work assignments
- Provide honest, objective and constructive feedback in timely manner to staff
- Review work of other engagement team members
- Supervise, train and mentor staff on assigned engagements
- Recruit new and experienced staff
- 2+ years of public accounting experience with financial institutions specialization
- CPA certification or ability to sit for exam
- Ability to prepare and/or review complete set of financial statements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving ability