We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world. Our Audit practice is fast-growing and we are eager for you to be part of this growth!
We are looking for an Audit Manager to join our Charlotte, NC office. In this role you will provide services to companies working in various industries, including but not limited to, manufacturing and distribution, software, not-for-profits, real estate and construction. Through building strong relationships with their clients, including paying special attention to industry trends and client needs, they are able to provide services that extend beyond traditional audits and reviews.
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you!
- Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues
- Work and communicate effectively with staff and clients to enhance their understanding of business and tax issues
- Direct and control engagement planning process to successful completion
- Participate in billing and collection process
- Schedule, staff, and coordinate engagement workflow
- Pursue opportunities to provide additional services; pursue leads; retain clients
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with individual clients and appropriate financial officers
- Coach and develop staff’s understanding of our business and general business world
- Serve as a mentor and role model
- 4-6 years of recent public accounting experience
- Experience working on employee benefit plan audits is a plus
- CPA certification
- High level of technical proficiency
- High level of expertise in one or more specialized industry groups, but still able to perform effectively in many areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership ability
- Experience in hiring, developing and leading a team of professional auditors