Provide direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed Nurse.
- Patient care plan is carried out as directed.
- Patient physical care is provided such as bed bath, toileting, grooming, changing bed linen, etc. per established guidelines.
- Patient general care is provided such as positioning, lifting and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per established guidelines.
- Patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood glucose are performed per established guidelines.
- Patients are prepared for meals, assisting when appropriate to meet patients need.
- Patient rounds are performed regularly and call lights are answered promptly to meet patients needs.
- Patient care is documented in a timely manner adhering to established standards.
- Patient room clutter is organized to make best use of space and clean environment.
- Specimens are obtained and labeled consistent with established procedures.
- Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to meet performance expectations.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of CNA training program required for Skilled Nursing Facilities and preferred for other PCC entities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.