Wir sind Covestro. Wir sind neugierig. Wir sind mutig. Wir sind vielfältig. Wir haben chemische Materiallösungen mit bahnbrechenden Produkten verfeinert. Lassen Sie uns gemeinsam Grenzen überschreiten. Schließen Sie sich uns und unseren 16.000 Kollegen an und zusammen werden wir die Welt lebenswerter machen.
Was wir bieten
Covestro is seeking to hire a Shift Supervisor for our production facility in South Charleston, WV. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for promoting a safe work environment and leading the daily operation of their assigned shift at the Covestro site. The ideal candidate will be a skilled problem solver who can address production issues and ensure continual process improvement, as well as an experienced supervisor that can effectively manage priorities and resources.
- Leads the planning and organization of specific job assignments, including the maintenance and tracking of hours worked, overtime, leave, etc.
- Participates in human resources and performance management issues in area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with areas including union contract language, HES and quality compliance and Core Process standards
- Coordinates all maintenance and project activities on shift per the safe work permit authorization matrix
- Ensures qualification training of new operator technicians and maintains training for shift technicians. Coaches and trains operators and junior members of department.
- Reviews training plans annually and certifies/ re-certifies unit technicians and ensures 100% attendance for all mandatory training
- Develops and maintains manufacturing and HSE procedures as assigned.
- Adheres to SOPs and completion of unit check sheets and paperwork for assigned units.
- Reports and investigates incidents within the assigned units
- Adheres to the Management of Change (FOCR) program developing tiered work plans for line and equipment
- Maintains a shift operating log and document the completion of job-specific tasks
- Coordinates Industrial Hygiene testing for hourly workforce as needed.
- Attends OEE meetings, JSBO meetings and meetings involving the coordination of unit resources; Leads safety meetings on shift. Sets the tone for safety and housekeeping
- Handles management of waste (hazardous and nonhazardous) as required by operating/company procedures or site practices.
- Acts as Site Hot work Lifesaver/expert.
- Completes inventory counts; Orders supplies from stores
- Participation on the plant emergency squad and ability to serve as a back-up incident commander
- Requires at least one rotational assignment, which is defined as holding more than one position in manufacturing. This could be operator/supervisor, multiple site operator or staff positions, staff/supervisor, etc.
Was Sie mitbringen
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of manufacturing experience OR 9 years of manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of computer operations, process control, and basic unit operation principles
- Solid leadership capability to lead shift activities and initiatives, deliver unit-specific training and troubleshoot processes
- Experienced at motivating, leading and disciplining employees.
- Strong safety orientation and commitment to promoting a safe work environment, including
- the ability to make decisions on shift concerning safe operating and maintenance procedures
- Exceptional communication skills and capable of interfacing with all levels of staff
Sind Sie neugierig, mutig und vielfältig? Dann bieten wir Ihnen spannende Karrieremöglichkeiten. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung mit Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnissen, Kündigungsfrist und Ihren Gehaltsvorstellungen. Werden Sie Teil unseres Teams - bewerben Sie sich jetzt!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Info-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. To make a request, please call (412) 413-2736.