The Regional Manager, Sales for the Small Law Channel is responsible for leading a team that will drive channel revenue growth via acquisition of new customers, as well as up selling and retaining existing customers. This position will be responsible for maintaining fully staffed territories and supporting related recruiting and hiring activities. This position is responsible for providing effective coaching, training and performance management to Account Executives in the areas of new products, sales skills, productivity tools as well as professional development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success, creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of products and services for the Small Law Channel. Strong understanding of the market.
- Adept at forecasting monthly goals
- The ability to use financial tools to assist in planning, forecasting and productivity improvement.
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach related job skills to optimize employee's performance
- Exemplifies a strong understanding of the law firm's overall business; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information on law firms.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Achieve new sales quotas and renewal targets to reach set growth goals. Drive online revenue growth goals by incorporating the Client Management associates in a partnership role that enhances the customer's experience.
- Ensure that all territories are fully staffed. Participate in all related recruitment efforts for assigned territories.
- Responsible for hiring qualified employees with strong skill sets in sales, product and market knowledge. Help maintain a qualified sales bench of candidates to expedite the hiring process and to minimize open territory coverage impact
- Provide performance coaching and job training to direct reports to assist in meeting and exceeding sales quotas. Participate in field rides and provide guidance through on the job training.
- Manage regional territory effectively and efficiently. Maintain monthly reports on pipeline activity, field rides, expenses and employee performance.
- Team with Inside Sales, NPD, Strategic Marketing, Central Marketing, SAM Training and other organizations in order to optimize achieving sales revenue and growth responsibilities as well as Pilot participation.
- Responsible for ensuring positive and effective relationships are established and maintained with customers. Assists in customer escalation issues and provides customer relationship support as needed.
- Participation with and partnering with the Quality Assurance team to assure that our customers experience is without compromise
- Four year degree or equivalent experience; MBA and or JD a plus
- 5-7 years experience with successful sales in Business to Business marketplace
- Sales management experience, preferably in the legal market
- Experience with Coaching Sales Process, product training and professional development.
- Travel & Expense budgets for manager and all direct reports
- Regional budget
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Charleston-West Virginia-United States of America;Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America;Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America
Req #: JREQ134872
Locations: Charleston-West Virginia-United States of America|Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-United States of America|Richmond-Virginia-United States of America|Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America
Job Function: Sales