Requisition Number: TRAVE03394
AAA is the largest travel agency in the world and we are looking for Travel Sales Agents with a passion for selling products and providing exceptional customer service to our members and prospective members. This is a Career Path sales and customer service position that will take you on a journey from an entry-level Travels Sales Agent to a fully commissioned Senior International Travel Sales Agent.
You enjoy helping others and are focused on driving results. You have lots of choices of who to work with. What makes us different:
We help others.
As a member organization, AAA is passionately committed to providing our members and customers with Value, Safety, and Total Peace of Mind in all things related to Automotive, Travel, Insurance and Member Benefits.
We are focused on growth.
We are 2 million strong with job adds year over year for 20 straight years and counting. Build your skills, experience and thrive in a company that has a demonstrated track record of stability & growth.
We offer a competitive Total Compensation package.
You know compensation goes way beyond bring home pay. AAA offers best in class benefits. . . excellent medical coverage, dental, vision, etc. . . AND we offer a Corporate Incentive Plans and 401k with matching contributions.
We are committed to work-life balance: PTO and Paid Holidays
We are committed to your development
We offer on the job training with a structured training program designed to assist you in building your travel book of business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Travel Sales Agents assist customers with multi-faceted leisure travel plans and advise them of travel needs. Agents must build relationships with a variety of customers, understand their wants, anticipate their needs and determine the best products to match their vacation desires and travel style.
A successful Travel Sales Agent must be able to research destinations, fares, hotels, flights, rental car services, suppliers, and be able to effectively and efficiently multi-task.
Responsible for day-to-day cashiering with membership fees, attraction ticket sales, travel store purchases such as luggage, and other various member purchases.
Maintain inventory of map materials and tour books to ensure that supplies are on hand as needed.
Seek potential to grow customer base through sales and customer service.
Participate in an extensive four phase training program to advance their career to a Senior International Sales Travel Agent.
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionately driven to excel in a sales role while providing the best products and services to members and customers. You are a self-starter who understands the importance of a solid, dependable work ethic. You have a desire to create your profile of travel customers and you value the long term goals and financial success of being a fully commissioned Travel Sales Agent.
- Face to Face Customer Service Experience
- Consultative Sales Experience, including cross-selling
- Experience in a work environment meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to multi-task in a detail oriented environment
- Hospitality, Travel or Tourism related college degree
- Base knowledge of North American Geography and Travel Destinations
- No felony convictions within past 7 years
- Drive for Results – demonstrates a results focused bias for action
- Data & Analytics - leverages data science, analysis and analytical processes to identify trends, opportunities and drive results
- Collaborative – works well with individuals and groups to achieve common goals
- Critical/Strategic Thinking – offers objective review of facts and options to make logical business decision; forward thinking with organizational goals in mind
- Business Acumen – keenness and quickness in understanding business risks and opportunities
- Influencing – Achieves goals through effective and appropriate interaction with leaders, peers, employees, partners, and contacts
Come join our team!
- This position involves sitting, standing, walking and normal physical mobility, including reaching, grabbing lifting, and carrying typical office equipment, averaging up to approximately 80 pounds in weight. Frequent standing and walking, occasional sitting.
- Finger and hand dexterity is required for frequent and continuous operation of all office equipment.
- Normal or corrected hearing to the level of ability to receive detailed information orally and to accurately understand normal conversations, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to process, express and exchange information orally, in writing, presentations and through online applications.
- Mental and emotional ability to work effectively in a busy environment, interacting with people and dealing with difficult situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position, but rather to act as a guide to the general work to be performed and responsibilities of the role. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.