Who We Are:
When you love what you DEW, you never work a day in your life! Each teammate is fully committed to ensuring that our hotel is a special place to create special memories with special people. Therefore, we hire dedicated, energetic, and willing individuals who are passionate and proud of their craft.
Our team does not cut corners and we do not second guess our service standards. Instead, we focus on providing our guests with a five-star experience by emphasizing sincerity over obligation.
What We DEW:
Do you consider yourself an Accounting aficionado? Then, this is the position for you.
We are searching for a detail-oriented individual with a commitment to accuracy to join The Dewberry Team. This individual will support the hotel in keeping our financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures.
He or she will contribute to making this happen by working alongside each department to ensure our company’s numbers and budget is on track with unwavering accuracy.
An ideal candidate for this position will have previous accounting or finance experience within the hospitality industry. He or she will have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel and accounting systems with excellent data entry and computer skills.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE DEWBERRY TEAM:
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement & Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Paid Time Off up to 17 Days
- 401K with 4% Company Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Free On-Site Downtown Parking
- Dry Cleaning Provided
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage for Full-Time Teammates
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity Protection Program
- Dining & Spa Discount
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and record journal entries.
- Facilitate month-end close process.
- Cash management: Count and prepare bank deposits, record payments, perform bank audits, provide change to cashiers, manage company credit cards and petty cash.
- Complete the daily revenue report each day. Research, analyze and resolve any discrepancies.
- Invoice processing: Collect, obtain approvals, verify coding, input, and archive. Possible other AP functions such as establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Process weekly check runs and monitor payments.
- Chargebacks Disputes.
- Provide administrative and accounting support to teammates.
- Conduct internal and external customer inquiries and resolve issues.
- Ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3 years of Accounting or Finance experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel and experience with accounting systems, such as M3.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent data entry and computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Must have exceptional customer service, communication, and time management skills.